Nihon Kohden Innovation Center (NKIC) mission: is to promote and conduct research and development of innovative and disruptive medical devices and technologies by leveraging the innovative environment in America rather than being bound by the conventional framework to contribute to the growth of Nihon Kohden.
NKIC operates research projects through collaboration of NKIC staff with University research, Hospitals, other Nihon Kohden group companies and 3rd party companies (e.g. startups).
To identify and investigate innovative technology licensing opportunities for potential product development by Nihon Kohden.
Nihon Kohden Corporation – Tokyo Japan
• Japan’s leading manufacture and distributor of medical electronics
• Founded 1951 ** 71th anniversary **
• ~$1.9B annual sales
• 5500 employees located worldwide
• Advanced human sensor measurements
(e.g. sweat, biomarkers, fluid retention)
• Diagnostics for assessing disease states
(e.g. sepsis, CHF, COPD, diabetes, TBI, epilepsy)
• Unique innovations targeted to specific patient populations
(e.g. aging, neonates, pediatrics)
• Combined monitoring and therapy (e.g. use of ultrasound /
magnetism to treat neurological disorders; pain management)
• Real-time software algorithms and/or sensors to improve
existing vital sign monitoring
• Medical wearables for in-hospital use
• Big data & image analysis to create disease/criticality models
for use in real-time diagnostics
• Clinician / patient work flow productivity tools
(e.g. RFID tracking)
• Technology that bridges in-hospital use, home-care,